A reseller recently asked, “why is my customer being invoiced during a free trial.”
Troubleshooting free trial
Check the customer settings
The Free trial for a customer must be set before the first invoice is created on the customer account. The guide below details how to ensure that a free trial is enabled for a customer.
- Login to your account.
- On the left sidebar, tap Users.
- Search for the user on the page.
- Click the pencil icon to the right side of the User record.
- Open the Edit user page.
- Navigate to the Free trial setting.
- Ensure that the Free trial is enabled on a customer account.
- If the free trial is not enabled, then tap one of the options that exist within.
- If a customer invoice was generated prior to a free trial being enabled on a customer account, then discount the recent invoice in full, and notify Share a Refund customer service of the issue so that the reseller invoice can be discounted accordingly.