This article details how to generate a baseline report and details the different types of benchmark reports and the uses for each in the carrier agreement optimization workflow.
Directions on generating a Baseline Report
- Select CAO from the left sidebar in your admin user account.
- Tap on an existing CAO Prospectus or the Create button.
- Tap Baseline tab. (You will see few options for generating a Baseline Report here.)
- Choose the baseline report that you’d like to generate.
- Tap Generate Report button.
- The report will be generated within a few minutes.
- Check back on the Baseline tab.
The different types of Benchmark Reports
There are several different types of reports that can be generated within the Baseline Report section of your account. Each report is listed below.
The labels of sections within the report are consistent across all benchmark report types.
- List rate: Rates found on the current service guide for the carrier.
- Observed rate: The costs net any discounts or incentives that were observed.
Benchmark Summary Report
A simple three-to-five page report showcases the existing rates observed within the analyzed sample set. Shipments from all zones are merged into single item values and reported across common weight breaks in a summary format.
This analysis is good for a high-level, introductory analysis.
Full Benchmark Report (Without Agreements or Linked Carriers)
A detailed report showcases the observed rates within the analyzed sample set. Shipments from each zone are broken out into single item values and reported by weight break. A summary report can be found on page three and four. Details are provided in the subsequent pages of the report.
This analysis is good for granular analysis of existing rates on a carrier account.
Full Benchmark Report (With Agreements and Linked Carriers)
A detailed report showcases the observed rates and the rates calculated through the agreements linked to the CAO Analysis. The format of this report is similar to the Full Benchmark Report (Without Agreements or Linked Carriers) described above. In this report, lines are listed under each cost value and named according to the agreement name linked to the CAO Analysis.
This analysis is good for comparing shipments across different agreements and carriers in a single view.
How to export a benchmark report
Prepare the CAO Analysis by linking any agreements and carriers required. Once the analysis is in place, proceed with directions on generating a Baseline Report defined above. Select the Baseline Report format appropriate for your analysis.