You can’t improve what hasn’t been measured. Google Analytics provides ways to track website traffic and identify problematic web pages where customers are dropping off instead of completing the conversion funnel.
Most signup pages are preceded by other pages tailored to push a customer further toward the goal of signing up. The article below will detail how Share A Refund merchants can configure Google Analytics to track conversions.
Google Analytics goal setup
- Log into your Google Analytics account, drill down into your profile, and click Admin in the navigation panel on the left.
- Click the Goals tab.
- Enter a Goal Name, such as ‘signup lead.’
- Enter ‘/?thankyou=1/’ as the Goal URL.
Google analytics funnel setup
Before you save your goal, you have the option of adding a funnel.
- Toggle the Funnel switch to “On” to set up the pages of the funnel. Each step represents a web page that your visitors must pass through to reach your Goal.
- Enter the unique part of each URL and names for the funnel steps:
URLs in the conversion funnel:
- Step 1: /signup/
- Step 2: /register/step2
- Step 3: /register/step3
- Step 4: /register/confirm
- Toggle Required switch to “On.” If you want the final report to count entries into the funnel below step 1, leave “Required” switch on “Off.”
Funnel visualization report
The funnel visualization is an efficient way to understand user flow on your website.
- To view your funnel visualizations, go to Reports click on Conversions and Funnel Visualization
You can see in this example there is a higher percentage exiting the page in Step 1 and Step 2. Only about 28% of users make it from Step 1 through to Step 2.
Prospectus conversion tracking
Each Prospectus is assigned a unique hash value that’s embedded within the PDF documents created as well as the link paths on the view of Prospectus results.
Example link: https://app.example.com/prospectus/details/735845ad-137f-11e9-b136-0a7e1c26ea5a
The link above showcases the hash value of a unique prospectus created. Replace https://app.example.com with your Merchant Instance.
All conversion paths include this unique hash value as a URL parameter. As shown in the example below.
Example link: https://app.example.com/signup?prospectusId=735845ad-137f-11e9-b136-0a7e1c26ea5a
This allows for pinpoint accuracy in funnel management and conversion optimization