The G Suite administrator has complete control of how much calendar information people in the administrator’s organization can share externally. This article will detail how to change Google calendar access and visibility for your reseller business to give external parties (like Share a Refund) access to view your calendar.
Directions for Google Suite administrator to change calendar settings
- Log in to your Google Admin console using your administrator account
- Once on the Admin console home page, go to Apps, then G Suite and then Calendar.
- Tap Sharing settings.
- Select the organization you want to edit calendar settings for at this time.
- In the External Sharing options section, choose how your users can share their calendars with people outside your organization.
Calendar sharing options
There are three sharing options that help external partners obtain access to your organization’s calendars. It’s important to note it can take up to 24 hours for these changes to take effect.
Share all information, but external parties cannot modify calendars
Users can share their calendar information with people outside your organization. This includes guest list, location, and description. Private addresses are hidden from users’ calendars.
Share all information, and external parties can modify calendars
Resellers inside your organization can share their calendar details with people outside your organization. This includes guest list, location, and description.
Share all information, and allow managing of calendar
Resellers inside your organization have the ability to share their calendar details with external parties. They can also grant permission to people outside the organization to manage their calendars. In this setting, private addresses are shown.
How users can share their calendar with an external partner
Now that the sharing settings have been set by the administrator, the resellers can use this guide to share their calendars with an external partner.
- Open Google Calendar on your computer.
Note: You can’t share calendars from the Google Calendar app.
- On the left, locate “My calendars” section and tap to expand if necessary.
- Hover over the calendar you want to share and tap More > Settings and sharing.
- Under “Share with specific people,” add the email address of the person you want to share with.
- Under “Access permissions,” choose the option “Make changes to events” in the drop-down menu.
- Add people and click Send.