Time Limit for Notice and Filing of Claims for Loss or Damage to Property
For all loss or damage to property, Damaged shipment must be reported and A Claim has been filed in writing or electronically with UPS. Following are the time limits:
- For domestic Shipments(within US, including shipments to and from Puerto Rico), A damaged shipment must be reported within 60 Calendar days after Delivery of the Package.
- In case of failure to make Delivery, A damaged shipment must be reported within 60 days after the date of scheduled Delivery.
- A Claim must be filed within 9 months after Delivery of the Package or, in case of failure to make Delivery, within 9 months after the date of scheduled Delivery.
- For international Shipments, Claim must be filed within 60 Calendar days after Delivery of the Package or pallet or, in the case of non-Delivery, within 60 days after the date of scheduled Delivery.
Share a Refund lost and damaged claims management
Share a Refund files UPS lost and damaged claims automatically once AutoFile is enabled in a customer’s account. With AutoFile enabled, the entire lost and damaged workflow is automated for the customer. The process takes 10 to 14 days and depends on the length of time required by the carrier to process an open claim. On average, the carriers need five to ten business days to process an open claim.
Enable AutoFile for UPS lost and damaged claims
- Login to Your account.
- Tap on Edit shipping account.
- Navigate to the Lost and Damaged Claims card on the edit shipping account page.
- Select the options that define your account.
- Tap the Update button at the bottom of the Lost and Damaged Claims card.