As a reseller, a customer could ask you about the process for audit and recovery. The intent of this article is to outline the workflow for the Audit and Recovery Service.
Steps in the shipment audit and recovery process
- The carrier invoice is posted to customer shipping account
- Reseller company performs a comprehensive audit of the invoice, including each individual shipment listed within the invoice. Individual packages are audited for late delivery, surcharges, address correction fees, lost and damage, duplicate charges, weight corrections and more.
- Reseller company automatically files disputes with carriers. The customer doesn’t have to lift a finger in the process.
- Carrier responds to disputes.
- Responses analyzed by reseller company and follow-up measures on invalid responses are taken.
- Carrier responds to follow-up disputes.
- Carrier applies credits to customer shipping account.
- Reseller company verifies credits with screenshot and audit trail.
- Reseller company invoices the customer.
- The customer pays the carrier invoice.
- Read more about how your customers can easily verify refunds and credits
- Find out how to disable auditing on a customer account