Applying a payment to an open customer invoice is easy. The guide below relates to applying check, ACH, PayPal or otherwise payments to a customer’s open invoice.
Directions for applying a manual payment
- Login to your Merchant account.
- Tap Customer Invoices on left sidebar.
- Search for the invoice by number or customer attributes.
- Tap on the targeted invoice.
- Navigate to the edit invoice page.
This will showcase the invoice number on the top of the page.
Example: Invoice #158273
- Look for the Enter Payment card.
- Specify the Payment Method.
- Specify the Amount of the payment.
- Enter the Transaction ID.
Note: This could be the check number, or ACH transaction ID.
- Specify the Payment Status.
- Add a Note (optional).
Note: this is intended to help your bookkeeper.
- Tap Add Payment.
The following events are triggered by adding a manual payment to an open invoice.
- The billing email recipients listed for a customer account are sent the details of the payment.
- The billing email recipients listed for your merchant account are sent the details of the payment.
- The payment details are sent to QuickBooks and applied to the open invoice. This only applies to Merchant with the QuickBooks integration enabled.