Applying a discount to an open customer invoice is done through the payment method. The guide below details the process of applying a discount to an open invoice, and applies to both partial and full discounts.
Directions for discount an open invoice.
- Tap Customer Invoices on left sidebar.
- Search for the invoice by number or customer attributes.
- Tap on the targeted invoice.
- Navigate to the edit invoice page.
This will showcase the invoice number on the top of the page.
Example: Invoice #874612
- Look for the Enter Payment card.
- Specify the Payment Method as Discount.
- Specify the Amount of the payment.
- Add a Note (optional).
Note: this is intended to help your bookkeeper.
Example: Approved by NH
- Tap Add Payment.
The following events are triggered by discounting a customer invoice.
- The billing email recipients listed for a customer account are sent the details of the discount.
- The billing email recipients listed for your merchant account are sent the details of the discount.
- The discount details are sent to QuickBooks and applied to the open invoice. This only applies to Merchant with the QuickBooks integration enabled.