The carriers report damage to a shipment when physical damage is observed. Fragile goods, however may be damaged in transit, without and physical damage reported. In such cases, you need to report the shipment as damaged in transit.
The intent of this article is to guide you through reporting a shipment as damaged in transit. Doing so invokes Share a Refund lost and damage claim filing service to submit the claim with the carrier on your behalf according to the settings specified for the shipping account.
Directions on reporting damaged shipment
- Login to Your account.
- Search for the tracking number of the shipment.
- Tap on the tracking number in the search result.
Tracking number not found? The shipment is not yet invoiced by the carrier.
- Proceed to the Detail View for the shipment.
- Tap the Report as Damaged button at the bottom of the page.
- Proceed to AutoFile or Manual directions below.
Directions for AutoFile enabled
There’s nothing more to do! With AutoFile enabled, documents will be created and a claim filed with the carrier later today, according to AutoFile settings for the shipping account.
Directions for manual filing
Do the following from the Detail View for the damaged shipment
- Upload documents.
Example: Claim form
Example: Commercial invoice
Example: Credit memo
- Specify the claim amount (as needed).
- Tap the Update button.
That’s it! A claim will be filed later today with the information provided.