To make the claim process as quick as possible, UPS suggests a customers process a claim as quickly as possible. This includes the completion of required supporting documentation.
Want to submit on your own? Grab a cup of coffee and proceed to Start A Claim on the UPS website. Estimated time: 20 minutes.
Documents to support UPS lost or damaged claim
Supporting documents required include:
- Merchandise Description: Be as specific as possible when providing merchandise descriptions, including but not limited to, product name, brand name, serial numbers, size, color, and quantity.
- Photos of package and damaged contents (if applicable).
- Proof-of-value documentation, such as:
- Either the original invoice or a photocopy, exact copy, or extract of, a certification of prices or costs.
- Evidence of payment of the shipping and any declared value charges.
Share a Refund prepares all of these documents in a claim submission that’s sent to the carrier automatically. All claims are filed according to best practices and tracked throughout the lifecycle of the claims management process. For the majority of customers, no action is required on your end to successfully file lost and damaged claims through the Share a Refund service.