This article details the manual five-step process to follow when damage occurs on a FedEx package. Outlined below are the steps that are necessary to receive a refund.
FedEx damaged package claims process
1. Begin an online claim
- Enter your tracking/PRO number.
- Select your claim type.
- Continue filling out the requested information to complete the online claim form
2. Submit supporting documentation for damaged FedEx package
When using the online tool you can drag and drop documents from your computer to your claim. Supporting documents can include:
- A scan of FedEx® US Airbill, FedEx Ship Manager® printout, and/or FedEx Ground Pickup Record
- Photographs of the package and damaged goods
- Serial number(s) of damaged or lost merchandise
- Proof-of-value documentation that could include the following:
- Copy of original invoice from vendor/supplier
- Copy of retail invoice/receipt
- Final confirmation screen of an online order with proof of payment
- Itemized repair invoice or statement of non-repair
- Appraisal(s) – Expense statement
3. Submit your online claim form
Review your information, submit the claim form, and print the case number page for your records.
4. Conduct damaged goods inspection
FedEx will contact you if the package and its contents require an inspection. It’s important to keep the original package the contents arrived in until the claim is resolved. If FedEx wants to inspect the package in its entirety, this will help process the claim swiftly.
If you shipped with FedEx Express or FedEx Ground in the U.S., you are allowed to complete your own package inspections with a declared value greater than $100 and less than $1,000. You will need to download the detailed Inspection Report. Once complete, upload and attach and images of your shipment and send with the report.
5. Check the status of your claim
Log in to check the status of your claim online or to request email updates to be sent to you.
Enable Share A Refund lost and damaged service
Share A Refund achieves claim recovery results quicker and is designed to handle even the most complex requirements. Enable the lost and damaged service.